Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Peaceful Passage

This is a new blog to record my journey from Christianity to Buddhism and hopefully, some of the insights I get along the way. In no way do I wish to slam my once revered religion, but examining certain aspects realistically is crucial for an accurate discernment. I know many, many good people who are living good and compassionate lives. And although his role in my life has changed profoundly, I still love Jesus. I will always love Jesus.


I have a unique perspective by being both Protestant and Catholic at different times of my life. Theological and hierarchical problems in both reared their heads as soon as I was able to think critically. Much was neutralized by the good people in both churches. The rest was brought in line with dire threats instilled in us by those who exploit faith to achieve power. So it took years, decades really, to separate myself fully from the teachings. I was introduced to Buddhism about ten years ago by a Catholic priest and it gently took over my heart. My story will probably sound familiar to some, completely alien to others. And that's ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment